Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hope

This absolutely stunning picture was created from the mind of Lara Jade who can be found here on deviantart, here on her website or here for those of us who love to read Blogs!

Its title : "In Place of Hope"

I'm not sure I totally understand the meaning of this, but to me, the picture with the title conveys a message of what people will do when they lose hope. They aren't necessarily "hopelss" rather their hope is tied up in other things. They find ways to fill the void left by hoplessness, however that may be for them.

It's kind of sad when you think about it, living life without hope, or trying to find things to hope in.

In any case, check out her work, she is fast becoming one of my favorite photographers.
---------------------------------------------------------

On that note something to inspire you:
----------------------------------------------------------

I Shall Be Glad
By Grace Noll Crowel


If I can put new hope within the heart
Of one who has lost hope,
If I can help a brother up
Some difficult long slope
That seems too steep for tired feet to go,
If I can help him climb
Into the light upon the hill's far crest,
I shall begrudge no time
Or strength that I spend, for well I know
How great may be his need.
If I can help through any darkened hour,
I shall be glad indeed.

For I recall how often I have been
Distressed, distraught, dismayed,
And hands have reached to help, and voices called
That kept me unafraid.
If I can share this help that I have had,
God knows I shall be glad

----------------------------------------------------------

Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment